TUNA TARTAR: EASY, FAST, HEALTHY AND YUMMY
This start has all the you like when in the kitchen. It’s easy to prepare, takes only 15 minutes, is very healthy and so yummy.
Tuna tartar is my fave option for a fresh, fit and healthy meal. So, now, I’m going to share you how to make it.
Recipe: Tuna Tartar
Course: Brunch or entrée
Servings: 4 servings
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
1 cup Dashi (japanese stock)
1 teaspoon Salt
2 1/2 teaspoon Soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon Sugar - granulated
5 grams Powdered gelatin
1 tablespoon Yuzu juice
220 grams Sashimi grade tuna
1 teaspoon Olive oil
1 tablespoon Chives (minced)
1 tablespoon Toasted sesame seeds
1 Avocado (cut into 1/2)
1/2 Lemon (juiced)
1. In a small saucepan, bring the dashi to a boil, then add the salt, soy sauce, and sugar, stirring until dissolved.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle on the gelatin. Stir until the gelatin is dissolved. Stir in the yuzu juice, then pour the mixture into a container and refrigerate until set.
3. Slice the tuna into strips, and then cut them into 1/2" cubes. Add it to a bowl along with the olive oil, chives, sesame seeds and soy sauce. Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until your gelée is set.
4. When your ready to serve, cut the avocado into cubes and sprinkle with the lemon juice and a little salt. Toss to distribute evenly.
5. To construct your tartare, oil a ring mold and place it in the center of a plate. Add a layer of tuna and gently pack it down.
6. Add a thin layer of avocado, gently packing, and then top by scooping the gelée on top like a sauce. Give the mold a few twists to make sure it's not sticking and then lift it straight up.