ETIQUETTE QUIZ: ARE YOUR MANNERS GOOD ENOUGH FOR DINNER AT "DOWNTON ABBEY"?
Tell me about your dining manners. Are you able to attend all kind of dinner party? With important people? Polite Friends? Fancy restaurant? House of friends? Take this quiz and find out if you do! Answers at the end of the post. Be honest with you, don’t cheat!
1) True or false: Once you sit at a meal table, you should place your napkin on your lap.
2) True or false: One should not begin to eat until the host or hostess is seated and/or begins eating.
3) True or false: It is considered rude to put salt and pepper on your food before tasting it.
4) True or false: The fork is held by the left hand and the knife, by the right.
5) True or false: It is not appropriate to blow on your food to cool it off.
6) True or false: When you are completely finished with your meal, you should place your knife and fork with tines facing downward beside your plate.
7) True or false: If you need to leave the table in the middle of a meal, you should place your napkin on the chair.
8) True or false: If you drop a piece of silverware, you must pick it up immediately.
9) True or false: A salad fork is further away from the plate than the main meal fork in a proper table setting.
10) True or false: When you have finished eating, place your napkin in the centre of your plate.
11) True or false: If you are the guest, you should not order the most expensive item on the menu unless it is suggested by your host.
12) True or false: Always go to the bathroom to remove food caught in your teeth.
13) True or false: In a formal place setting, the dessert spoon and fork are usually placed above your plate.
14) True or false: When someone asks you to pass the salt, you should pass the salt and pepper.
6- F - Place the knife and fork side by side on the plate with the handles at 4 o’clock.
8- F - Ask for the waiter to replace it, politely.
10- F - Put beside the plate on right.