A MAGIC POTION CALLED ACV!
I was talking about my Health & Beauty column tips with my friend Emi, and she shared me one of her magic potions: Apple Cider Vinegar, also commonly known as ACV.
She told me about the benefits of it and I was very interested to know more, so I google ACV!
Some articles after, I decided to drink a shot everyday in the morning before my breakfast. At the beginning it wasn't easy, since it isn't the most pleasant of the world, but after a while you get used to it!
Tip: Prefer to use raw, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar with "the mother”. What it means? The mother is the cloudy strings of naturally occurring pectin and proteins that form during fermentation. Filtered and pasteurized vinegars will not have this and lack the enzymes and other nutritional properties in raw ACV that have such a positive effect on the digestive process. Real apple cider vinegar contains valuable minerals and trace elements, LDL cholesterol lowering pectin, fat burning acetic acid, anti-viral malic acid, live enzymes, amino acids and many other beneficial nutrients.
See below some benefits of this magic potion and add it in your day! It’s up to you ;)
- Digestion: Rich in acetic acid. This acid is said to slow the digestion of starch which can help to lower the rise in glucose that commonly occurs after meals.
- Ph level: Rich in ash which gives ACV its alkaline property. This aids your body in maintaining proper pH levels for a healthy alkaline state. (It is particularly important if you drink a lot of coffee or wine.)
- Blood pressure: It can help regulate blood pressure and reduce bad cholesterol.
- Malic acid: Rich in malic acid which gives ACV its anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Detox: May help improve bowel irregularity and helps to remove toxins from the body at a faster rate.
- Skin: It can help clear up skin conditions and blemishes.
- Weight loss: ACV helps with weight loss by breaking down fats so that your body can use them rather than store them.
- Potassium: Rich in potassium, a mineral that is often times lacking in adult diets. This mineral is key for growth, building muscles, transmission of nerve impulses, heart activity etc. It also helps to prevent brittle teeth, hair loss and runny noses.
- Cancer enemy: A few lab studies have found that ACV may be able to kill cancer cells or slow their growth.